The UAM School of Arts and Humanities creates exemplary communicators and critical and creative thinkers, thereby preparing our students for a variety of career opportunities. The School houses programs in Art, Communication, English, Modern Languages, and Music, as well as the Center for Writing and Communication; The Foreign Language Learning Lab; the scholarly journal Philological Review; and two literary magazines, The Foliate Oak and Gravel.
国产偷拍视频The mission of the School of Arts and Humanities is to help students appreciate and take pleasure in literature, art, and music, as well as giving them the personal and professional skills to pursue stimulating careers for creative individuals with excellent writing, speaking, and critical-thinking abilities. Many Arts and Humanities courses serve the entire campus as General Education requirements or as requirements for disciplines outside the School of Arts and Humanities.
- Art allows students to choose from four areas of concentration: Art History, Ceramics, General Art, and Painting and Drawing.
- Communication offers Emphasis Areas in Applied Communication, Media Studies, Performance, Professional Writing, and Speech.
- English offers concentrations in Creative Writing, Film Studies, and Literature.
- Modern Languages allows students to do a Spanish or French emphasis or to study both languages equally.
- Music majors select concentrations in instrumental or vocal music or Jazz Studies.
- The MFA in Creative Writing offers talented writers and students of literature an opportunity to study with faculty who are successful authors and teachers.